FAQ for your Studio Headshot Session
I am having photos done in your studio... where is it located?
We are at 3/101 Brisbane Road Mooloolaba. If you were going from Mooloolaba to Kawana, you would go past the Bowls Club on the right, go over the little bridge, and we are in the first complex on the left. Directly opposite the Koorong Bookshop and Boarding House.
What about parking?
We are fortunate that there is plenty of client parking in the car park for the complex where the studio is located.
Is it Air Conditioned?
Do you have a Change room?
Do you have a blue card?
Yes. Card Number: 1984272/1
What about hair and makeup?
It is worth getting hair and makeup done professionally for the best results. If you are not inclined or do not have time to do that, a good guide would be if you were going out to a function or a job interview.
If you are planning on doing your own makeup, please consider the following:
- Avoid makeup with sunscreen, as this ingredient is designed to reflect light that will make give your skin an undesirable shine.
- Matte Makeup is the best choice as opposed to makeup that is mineral-based to keep that shine down. Shiny lipstick is OK.
- Bring makeup and hair care products to the session for touch-ups should they be required.
What should we wear?
- Keep it simple. Wear clothes that suit your personality or what you would wear to work if you are wanting to look your best.
- Avoid plain black or plain white unless we have discussed this for a specific look. However, a white shirt with a jacket would be ok.
- Avoid clothes with busy patterns and brands such as check shirts or that AD/DC tour shirt. ( Your business logo is OK of course)
- Block colours work best. Ever notice that television presenters wear block colours? The reason is it looks good on camera. If you just can't decide I suggest defaulting to darker colours such as navy blue, grey etc as everyone tends to look good in darker colours.
- I think it is best to avoid super bright and bold colours for headshots. The reason for this is that the goal is for your face to be the subject of attention. Colours like hot pink, fire engine red can distract from that.
- Please make sure your clothes are clean and ironed. Especially shirts and collars. We do not remove wrinkles in photoshop, it just never ends up looking good. If you want to, you can bring clothes on a hanger as we have a change room.
- Undergarments. This is worth thinking about. For example, wear a strapless bra if you are going to be wearing a top with thin straps.
How do I choose which photographs I want?
We will show you the photographs on the day of the studio session so that you can pick which ones you like best. We find this hugely efficient for everyone involved and enables us to deliver your images in a timely manner.
What if we have to reschedule?
We get that things come up and life gets in the way. If you give us 24 hours advance notice, we will reschedule at no cost. If you need to reschedule more than once then a $55.00 fee may be incurred to cover our administrative time costs.
Tell me about the executive retouching. Can you make me look amazing?
Yes! We will remove anything temporary like acne or a scratch. We even out skin texture, teeth colour and clean up stray hair. Our goal is always awesome but believable. What I mean by that is, we will retouch the photograph so that you look like your absolute best. What we do not do is shave 20 years off your age as this is a headshot session, not a glamour shoot. I doubt it is in anyone's best interests if you look REALLY different when someone meets you in person, after having based their first impression on your photograph.
Any other tips to look my best?
- Avoid making an appointment when you know you will be having a big night the day before. Alcohol and lack of sleep can leave you looking puffy, red-eyed and with dark circles under your eyes.
- Drink plenty of water.
- If you are getting a haircut, it's a REALLY good idea to do it a few days before. 1) You will not get loose hair on your clothes 2) For dramatic changes like hair colour or going from long hair to short hair... it can sometimes take a few days for people to be comfortable and confident with a change like that. Your confidence will show in the photos.